First, Login in to the WayneUde.com admin site.
1. Create a new blog post with a title such as “My Next Blog Post”. Assign it one of the current Categories, Save and close.
2. Open “Accordion Shortcode” option
3. Hover the cursor over “Recent Blog Posts…” item and click “Edit” . You should see a page with three or more boxes titled “Accordion Title” and listing a category name for each box. E.g. “Writing”, “Whidbey Island” , etc.
Identify the box that has the Category which you assigned to your most recent Blog Post. You will be adding a new blog title/link in this box to display as a link in the Accordion on the left margin of the homepage.
4. Click and drag to highlight all of the existing HTML inside of the “Accordion Description” box. Then Click on “Use Html Editor”. You should see an text entry box displaying an Unordered List (UL) with one or more List Items (LI). Create a new blank line under the last List Item.
5. Click the Link button to display the “Insert/edit link” dialog box. This box lets you scroll thru a list of Pages AND Blog Posts. You want to find the title of the BlogPost that you just created. Click on this title to highlight it and then click the blue “Add Link” button at the bottom of this dialog box. Ignore everything else.
6. You should see a new “a” tag with the URL for your new blog post but there are two things missing. The first is the text to display for this link. Position the cursor between the new ‘A’ tag and the close ‘A’ tag </a>. Type the title of the blog post here.
The other thing missing is the new List Item tags. Highlight the entire new link and then click the “li” button.
When this is done, the new accordion item for this category should look similar to this:
<LI> <a href=”http://www.wayneude.com/2016/03/26/blog-post-one/” Blog Post One </a> </LI> ……….(one or more of the above…….
NOTE: The above process can be simplified after you’ve entered the first <LI>….</LI> by just copying it and using it as a template for future links.
Click the blue “Insert Code in Description” button and, finally,
Click the blue “Update” button back on the top level “Recent Blog Posts…” page.
Do these steps for each Blog Title/Link you want to add to the accordion box in the left margin.